If you like building rolling stock and prefer to build your own Ride-on Coach and save money,
then look no further.
These coach kits builds into a high quality, sturdy, steel bodied, model, using CNC machined
parts, laser cut steel work and with the attention to detail which 17D Miniatures apply to all
The complete kits can be purchased as one item - prices shown at right - which provides a
saving of around 15% over buying the individual parts separately. Although if
you would prefer to spread the cost then you can buy all the parts as and when needed through our
- Prefabricated and profiled steel body ready to paint.
- Prefabricated 1" box section and laser cut 6mm steel chassis complete with removable foot
boards, and buffer beams, ready to paint.
- 2 x semi-scale Bogie Kits - bolt together, and including CNC machined EN8 wheels, axles,
axle boxes, with laser-cut leaf spring profiles, suspension springs and all fixings. Also
includes mounting plates for the addition of the braking system if required.
- Fully upholstered and professionally made correctly profiled roof/seat with high density
foam cushioning. Ready to drop into place and sit on!
- Clear light grey tinted 3mm acrylic window material - supplied in strips - just cut to
length and glue in place.
- Sprung Coach buffers and clevis couplings - buffer beam is pre-drilled for these.
- Corridor connector detail
- Detailing kit - grab handles, door handles and hinge detail - all laser cut ready to screw
- Optional Braking System upgrade -Combined manual & vacuum braking
kit (see right column for more detail).
- Lettering and Company Crest Decals availablefor GWR, BR and LMS liveries - ask for details.
Others may be available subject to additional set-up costs.
These Ride-on Coaches provide a comfy ride for two adults (5" version) and three to four adults
(7 1/4" gauge version). They will look very smart behind any standard gauge loco, and the low cost
of the kit versions brings a rake of coaches within the budget of many.
The braking upgrade, if purchased in it's entirety, provides for interlinked manual and vacuum
operated braking. The neat central unit sits quite easily within both the 5" and 7 1/4" gauge
bodies, and accommodates a central pivot with arms which connect to both manual and vacuum inputs,
using a sliding link so each can be operated independently.
We have now also removed the need for the large outside manual brake lever, by replacing it with
a neat hand lever on a "flying" cable which can easily be stowed beneath the seat when not
Please feel free to contact us for further information.
Ride-on Coach Kit
5" gauge: £999.00
7¼" gauge: £1168.50
Save around 15% against buying individual
All parts will shortly be also available separately and will be added to web-shop as soon as
(Prices shown ex works & subject
Braking System Upgrade
Complete integrated manual & vacuum
braking kit: £314.90
All parts will also be available separately
- see web-shop page for details.
- Brake master case, with linkages, adjusters, and cable
- Inner and outer brake cables.
- PNP Vacuum Brake kit complete with mountng plates, tubing, hose tails
and connectors, vacuum release valve, reservoir
- 2 x disc braked axle upgrade.
- 'Flying' hand held brake lever unit. (stows under seat - no need for a
long lever attached to coach)
Click here to order on-line now
For Inspection Saloon
Kits go here